1. CALL TO ORDER: President, Daryl Partlow
2. INTRODUCTION: New Member: Rich Niehaus
3. MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE: Jim & Judi Brady, Vicki Braithwaite, Glenn & Mary Lou Carlisle, Charles Cates, Dan & Helena Christopherson, Ken Cleek, Mike Cobel, Richard Collier, Gary & Cheryl Duncan, Dave & Marilyn Engle, George Goolsby, Bob & Mary Graham, Lavonne Hibbert, Dennis & Dori Honig, Dennis Humphrey, Jan Janca, Marty & Susan Keylon, Patty McCoy, Tom McTernan, Monte & Linda Melton, Bill & Carol Mueller, Ron Niemi, Les & Pat Oesterreich, Daryl & Lorna Partlow, John & Cathy Reese, Pete Ruff, Rick & Karen Samoian, Jon & Susan Svilich, Dolores Vincent, Tom Ward
Approved: Jon Svilich and Mike Cobel
5. OFFICERS' REPORTS:
a. Treasurer – Bill Mueller
balance as of
Income: $ 170.00
Expense: $ 175.82
b. Secretary – Lorna Partlow – no report
c. Web Master – Pete Ruff – no report
d. Raffle Organizers – Patty McCoy, Mike Cobel, Bob Graham
$165.00 ($80.00/Club - $85.00/Winner)
6. OLD BUSINESS:
Someone forgot to pay their dinner tab at May meeting – they owe the club $20.00
May 15th – Oroville Dam Tour and Run – Hosts: Glenn & Mary Lou Carlisle –
18 cars from both River City Club and CPCC attended. Glenn treated some members to tour of museum. Good run.
May 17th – ABEL’s car show – Rio Vista – Dennis Humphrey and Mike Cobel attended. Great event with lots of Bentley’s, Lamborghini’s, hot-rods and women drivers! Recommended more members participate next year.
40 people attended the annual 9th BBQ – enjoying great food, games and cash prizes. Mary Graham wanted to give special thanks to all that helped – especially Tom & Vicki, Patty McCoy, Jon & Susan Svilich
May 22nd – Ladies Luncheon at Rudy’s – Hostess: Pat Oesterreich – 21 ladies attended…Prez asked if ladies had chosen a name for their group yet. Glenn offered interesting name! Still considering ideas to be discussed at next luncheon.
– Vettes for Vets –
– Birthday Dinner – Spaghetti Factory,
May 31st – Show & Shine – Ione – Host: Dennis Humphrey – One of the biggest car shows he’s attended (around 670 cars) plus an air show
– Vette Magic Car Show and Lunch Run,
June 7th – Thunder in the Park - Marty attended – good show – around 50 cars or so participating
June 8th – Vette Magic – Bob Graham attended – around 60 cars with 5 C7’s – 4 were 7 speeds, one automatic – automatic turned low ET
June 8th – Peter’s Steak House dinner run in Isleton – Host: Dennis & Marty Humphrey – 12 cars followed Dennis & Marty (including a wrong turn) – good run
- Upcoming Events Events Coordinator, Vickie Braithwaite, Vice President
Please see the event schedule posted on our web site for more information.
Events in the next 3 months:
– Day Run to
June 19th – Birthday Dinner Run – Sportsman’s Hall, Pollock Pines – Hosts: Marty & Susan Keylon – reservations for 33 people
June 26th – Ladies Luncheon, Sienna Restaurant, El Dorado Hills – Host: Pat Oesterreich
5 cars signed up – if there are not 10 to 12 signed up by next meeting George will cancel run. Cost: $39.00 per person which includes brunch. Will be collecting money (no refundable) at next meeting.
– Hot August Nights,
– Drive to
August 28 –
Remember to check website for details for all runs – Pete does a great job keeping members informed on all activities
8. FLOOR OPEN TO MEMBERS
Ideas and volunteers for new events or runs:
July 5th – Bill & Carol Mueller are having a BBQ at their place – it will be a potluck, BYOB, with the club making a motion (unanimously granted) to pick up the cost of the meat. Bill will be checking on prices and advise the board members of the actual cost. Suggested limit $200 to $250.
July 17th – Ladies Luncheon – Casa Ramos,
Pat Oesterreich had flyers for Panama Canal Cruise in February – information is also available on website
July 31st Birthday Dinner – Hostess: Patty McCoy - TBA
Pete Ruff announced the May – November “Cars & Coffee” show
in Folsom – every Saturday from 7 to 9,
9. FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER – Daryl Partlow
Thanks to Jon Svilich for getting everyone hooked up with club badges.
Special thanks to Glenn Carlisle for always “backing” up the runs.
Club sends out their best wishes to Jane Stanley for a speedy recovery.
Next Meeting –
b. Meeting adjournment
11. RAFFLE 50/50 (Patty McCoy, Bob Graham & Mike Cobel)
$85.00 winner – John Reese
June Birthdays (Known)
John Cook, LaVonne Hibbert, Richard Baughn, Jon Svilich, Dave Engle